AccuPower Solutions provides Biomechanics Professors with an efficient and easy means for bringing Biomechanics education to life using force plates with full video integration using Dartfish software.
University Biomechanics professors are continually seeking to develop relevant learning experiences that transition into a growing number of career opportunities in Sport Biomechanics. AccuPower Software and Dartfish have collaborated to seamlessly integrate 3-D force plate measurements with digital video analysis, providing educators with a robust teaching tool for Biomechanical labs and classrooms. The integration of kinetic data and Dartfish Video analysis visualizes the scientific principles behind human movement in a time and cost-effective manner.
Biomechanics and Force Plates
With tests for jumps, landings, Isometric and Olympic lifts, AccuPower Software provides Biomechanics Professors a full array of hands-on, visual teaching activities for Biomechanics.
The learning styles of today’s students are certainly more visual and hands on. To effectively teach Biomechanics requires that teachers are equipped with the tools to provide that hands-on approach to teaching. AccuPower is a powerful resource for teachers of Biomechanics. Integration with Dartfish makes for a very visual teaching tool
AccuPower Software 2.0 and Dartfish offer a robust solution for classroom, lab, research, and practical environments. This combination provides the opportunity to study basic Biomechanics and analyze all types of movements, including:
- Full complement of Jump, Landing, and Lifting test types with full analysis of force, velocity, power, and bilateral symmetry.
- Industry standard reliability in the measurement of force, velocity, and power for any activity that can be performed on the force plates.
- Access to Raw Data files (.acp) and easily opened in Excel or Matlab to make manual Impulse-Momentum or Work-Energy calculations.
- Comparison of symmetrical function with any dual plate or single leg drop landing and single leg jump tests. File overlay feature allows viewing and analyzing symmetry of right and left legs with single plate tests.
- Motor control strategies on landing, including 3D Force analysis, Negative Work, and Negative Power.
- User-defined test and user-defined with load test provides force, velocity, and power time series data for any activity that can be performed on the platform.
Ancillary materials provide Professors with the needed tools to bring Biomechanics to life
Sample Lab exercises are available to review:
- Manual Calculations of resultant forces.
- Manual Calculations of Impulse.
- Manual Calculations of Jump Height by Impulse-Momentum or Flight Time.
- Evaluate Stretch-shorten cycle function by calculation of Amortization time and Rate of Power Development. Velocity time series data allows for the manual calculation of amortization time in jumping activities.
- Motor control strategies on landing and relation to knee injury assessment, including 3D Force analysis.
- Demonstration of bilateral deficiencies and relation to lower extremity injury.
Q: I currently have an AMTI force plate in my lab. Will AccuPower Software connect with my AMTI Force Plate?
A: YES!! AccuPower Software Interfaces to all AMTI force platforms – including AccuPower, Mini-amps, Gen 5 amps, and AccuGait (AccuGait not recommended for impact landings).
Q: Does AccuPower Solutions offer professors ancillary materials for use with AccuPower Software?
A: YES!! We are happy to provide you with lab exercises with your purchase of AccuPower Software.
Q: Can I get a trial version of AccuPower Software?
A: Yes! For customers that own an AMTI Force Plate, we offer trials of AccuPower software for connection to your plate. However, we request that you to contact us to arrange your trial download, so that we can advise you on the proper trial version and to ensure that you are well supported throughout the trial period.
Q: What versions of Dartfish will work with AccuPower Software?
A: Dartfish TeamPro or TeamPro Data are needed for integration with AccuPower Software. Dartfish versions 4.5-8 will work with AccuPower. Understand that Dartfish does not support versions 4.5-7. Also, because of major improvements in the way Dartfish 8 handles metadata, we strongly encourage the use of Dartfish 8.
Q: Is any additional software needed to integrate AccuPower and Dartfish?
A: Yes. AccuPower Bridge software allows for the AccuPower Software-Dartfish integration. Contact us for a quote!
Q: How do I contact an AccuPower Solutions expert?
A: Use the contact us page and one of our team members will contact you within 48 hours.
A Turn-Key solution
AccuPower Software 2.0 is the software package that integrates data collection from ANY AMTI Force Plate with Dartfish Video Analysis Software. Data streams collected by AccuPower Software can be displayed in Dartfish and integrated with video in real time, offering a seamless, visual solution for teaching in Biomechanics.
AccuPower Software and Dartfish function as an integrated unit to make the collection of data and video a very easy process. AccuPower Software will direct the functions of data collection, video capture, and the streaming of data to Dartfish. Within seconds of the event, the students are engaged in analysis and discussion using a video clip that has the data displayed in real time.
This allows your students to integrate quantitative 3Dforce plate data with 2D HD Color video when analyzing human movement. This solution provides the ability to synchronize data and video using graphs, text boxes, or force meters, so your students can interpret and validate data by creating a kinetic and kinematic interface.
Thus, educators and students will spend MUCH MORE TIME with analysis and discussion and MUCH LESS TIME with data collection processes. No more using valuable teaching and learning time to piece together an analysis.
Reliable data collection. Simple, quick and easy. Ancillary materials.
Contact the AccuPower Solutions Team and discover how quickly and easily you can optimize your teaching environment with AccuPower’s ease of use and reliable, video enriched analysis!!