Reliability refers to the consistency or reproducibility of measurements. A force plate analysis will be much more reliable if movement phases are well defined.
To do so requires a very reliable calculation of velocity rather than making assumptions on the direction the body is moving based solely on the force signal. If we want to measure an athlete’s ability to decelerate or accelerate, we need to be certain of the direction the center of mass is moving/accelerating.
We’ve conducted a rigorous assessment of the reliability of the different tests – and we’re happy to report that intraclass correlation R-squared values for many of the measures are .94 or better.
Customize Tests and Calculations
AccuPower provides a framework for users to create their own calculations by:
- Defining the time series data to analyze
- Defining the key event(s) from which to produce the calculation
- Defining the calculation to be performed
The option for the user to create their own calculations provides some very distinct advantages:
- Create relevant and reliable calculations using common organizational nomenclature
- Create calculations that will help answer the next question
- With newly created calculations, re-analyze historical data to include the new calculations
In essence, this feature provides each user with a custom, proprietary software.
Easily Export calculations for use in 3rd party software
- Summary Report Feature quickly exports selected calculations to .csv file for use in 3rd party statistical software
- Locally stored ODBC compliant database, easily queried for sharing to 3rd Party software
Wide array of tests, including Isometric Analysis
Pre-configured tests and analysis for:
- Vertical Jumps
- Squat Jumps
- Drop Jumps
- Drop Landings
- Body Weight Squats
- Forces Only